Caregiver Program Canada
If you are looking for a possibility to obtain Canadian permanent residence living in the country and taking care of people, consider Caregiver program Canada.
It provides a great opportunity for caregivers to acquire Canadian permanent residency, while ensuring that workers’ rights are upheld. According to recent changes caregivers now may live with their employer, or live elsewhere.
Caregiver program Canada comprises three following pathways:
- Caring for Children
- Caring for People with High Medical Needs.
- Live-in Caregiver
In order to become a successful applicant for the Caring for Children program, all candidates must:
- have two years of full-time work experience in the country as home childcare provider with an officially allowed work permit. Foster parents are not permitted for the program.
- comply with the description of the job defined by the National Occupation Classification;
- possess a one-year Canadian or equivalent foreign post-secondary certificate, dimploma or degree;
- have an appropriate level of language proficiency in one of Canadian official languages.
To get qualified for Caring for People with High Medical Needs, applicants must have:
- 24 months of working experience on a full-time basis in Canada as a nurse aide, registered psychiatric nurse, registered nurse, licensed practical nurse, orderly, patient service associate, home support worker, or other similar job, with an official work permit. You have to demonstrate that your job complied with the NOC qualifications;
- a license to practice in the country (if applicable);
- a one-year Canadian post-secondary certificate, or its foreign equivalent;
- a required level of French or English ability.
Candidates for these categories must live outside Quebec province.
Both of the categories are limited to the quantity of applicants (2,750) who can be accepted.
Live-in Caregiver has been created as an option to obtain permanent residence for newcomers living and working in Canada. To be eligible applicant must have two years of officially permitted full-time employment in the country. This program comprises Quebec province.
Some people may not be allowed to immigrate to Canada for health, security or financial reasons. In case of being inadmissible to the country, you should not apply for Caregiver program Canada.