Permanent Residency in Canada
Having rendered a decision to reside in Canada, you should consider all possible options to get legal permission for living in a country.
Canadian government has established a number of federal and provincial programs, which help foreign applicants acquire permanent residency in Canada. The choice will depend on individual goals, abilities and skills.
Any person can apply to one of the following programs:
- Express Entry is an electronic point based system which facilitates the selection process of Canada’s immigration programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker provides a permanent residence possibility for experienced candidates.
- Federal Skilled Trades Worker is for qualified trade applicants who have received an employment offer.
- Canadian Experience Class is for skilled overseas workers and foreign graduates from Canadian educational institutions with qualifying work experience in Canada.
- Provincial Program intends selecting immigrants to various Canadian provinces according to their economy and labour market.
- Business Immigration is suitable for investors, self-employed and entrepreneurs with business experience and substantial net worth.
- Family sponsorship is for individuals who may be sponsored by closely related members to get permanent residency in Canada.
- Caregivers is for candidates who take care of elderly, physically or mentally challenged people, children without any supervision in Canada.
- Refugees is for relocated from overseas refugee whose claim has been validated by the Refugee Board and Immigration.
- Humanitarian is for applicants with exceptional cases, based on assessment of their hardship.
Having a permanent residency in Canada, newcomers are provided with the same privileges as the citizens of the country which is a significant feature in today’s world.